Thursday, April 26, 2007

A wonderful meeting with MM Lee

ST Forum, The Straits Times, April 26, 2007


I AM one of the 400 YP activists who had seen the real dynamics of our MM at St James Power station last Saturday afternoon.

I am one of the foreign talents who came to Singapore in the 90s as an immigrant. While most of my immigrant friends have migrated to Australia and Canada, I decided to stay here as a Singaporean.

I agree with MM Lee's statement that we need to care about those who cannot migrate and that the Government is taking all the necessary steps to address the concerns of 80 per cent of the population.

I had wanted to see MM Lee in person ever since I heard about him from my father at the age of six. This is the first time I stood in front of him and listened to his words and watched his actions for more than two hours.

It was like watching a real movie and I was surprised to know that MM Lee is so dynamic and aware of everything necessary for our future.

S. Subramaniam

No comments: